4th Grade Online Math Curriculum
The choice of a fourth grade math curriculum is an important one. It can be a “turning point” year in terms of either feeling successful or frustrated with math. Students will start to learn that there is more than one way to solve a math problem, and they will begin applying what they are learning in math to real world issues.
On this page, you will get an overview of what your child should know going into the new school year, as well as the upcoming 4th grade math objectives. You’ll also get tips and tricks on helping your fourth grader make the most of mathematics this year.
What Math Should a 4th Grader Know?
Fourth graders are expected to have gained the following skills before they start the year:
- Addition and subtraction with regrouping
- Understanding place value
- Solving problems with decimal points
- Memorizing math facts with the help of fact families
- Creating a number sentence or equation from a word problem
- Finding perimeter and area of a shape by counting units
- Familiarity with both the traditional and metric systems
Do you recognize some gaps in these areas? Your Time4Learning subscription includes access to both the grade below and above your subscribed level. You may feel free to have your child go back and practice some areas in the previous grade level that need strengthening.
4th Grade Math Curriculum Objectives
In 4th grade, math instruction should focus on number theory and systems, algebraic thinking, geometrical figures and objects, measurement of length, weight, capacity, time, and temperature, and data analysis and probability.
Some of the specific 4th grade math learning targets include:
- Estimating sums and differences using rounding and compatible numbers.
- Defining multiples, and list multiples of a given number.
- Identify factors of a given number and common factors of two given numbers.
- Solving addition and subtraction problems involving money.
- Exploring the idea of a variable by solving for an unknown quantity in an equation (early algebraic thinking).
- Plotting a point given an ordered pair or writing the ordered pair of a point shown on a coordinate grid.
- Finding perimeter, area, and volume.
- Identifying the mean, median, mode, and range from a set of data or a graph.
Check out how Time4MathFacts (included in your subscription) fosters strong math fact fluency through interactive and gamified lessons that keep students engaged and mastering addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
Why Choose Time4Learning 4th Grade Math Homeschool Curriculum?
Building the proper foundation in math is key to your child’s success in the future. One of Time4Learning’s main goals is to ensure students gain a love of learning while mastering important math skills that will help them succeed and avoid struggles in later years.
Our comprehensive math program for fourth graders combines interactive online lessons, supplemental worksheets and gamified activities that keep them engaged and motivated.
Parents can rest assured that their children are getting a quality math education and that all lesson planning and recordkeeping is taken care of for them to just click and print whenever they need.
Below are just some of the features and benefits of the Time4Learning 4th grade math curriculum.
|As a Full Curriculum
||As a Supplement