7th Grade Science Curriculum
Time4Learning recognizes how important it is that students head into high school with a strong foundation in standards-based science inquiry. Our middle school science curriculum is correlated to state standards and organized into three primary courses: Earth/Space Science, Life Science, and Physical Science. Families can choose which course to use for their 7th grade homeschool science curriculum.
On this page you will discover what students learn in 7th grade science and what goals your 7th grader should be reaching for in science this year. You’ll also find out how easy it is to meet those goals using Time4Learning’s online curriculum for middle school science.
What Do You Teach in Science in 7th grade?
Homeschool families have a lot of flexibility when it comes to 7th grade science curriculum. Most often, 7th graders will focus on one of these three areas:
Learn more about the concepts your student should be learning for each using the links above.
Science Objectives for Seventh Grade
In 7th grade, it’s important to broaden your student’s natural curiosity to help them start preparing for high school. Observing, experimenting, theorizing and developing explanations will set them on the right track to maximize their learning potential in science. To accomplish this, 7th grade science should focus on:
- Using scientific language in written and oral communication to present scientific findings.
- Accurately describing the general functions of the different cell components.
- How organisms pass on their genes.
- Explaining the primary functions of different organs and systems in the human body.
- Orally listing out the different forms of energy and their sources.
- Explaining how the different types of energy can be detected.
- Describe biodiversity and how living things respond to environmental changes.
- Identifying patterns in nature and explaining their connections.
- Understanding differences between weather and climate.
- How elements are arranged on the periodic table.
Why Choose Time4Learning Seventh Grade Science Homeschool Curriculum
Teaching 7th grade science doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the right 7th grade science curriculum doing the heavy lifting for you, your family can focus on all the exciting explorations science has to offer.
Below are just a few reasons why thousands of families have chosen Time4Learning for over 15 years to help their children reach their 7th grade science goals.
|As a Full Curriculum
||As a Supplement